Internet Architects is committed to user privacy. The protection of your personal data is important to us, because your relationship with Internet Architects matters. We want it to be meaningful, useful, and above all, respectful.
We reserve the right to make changes to this statement if needed, to address the needs and requirements of our projects, as well as abide by the relevant laws and regulations. This policy was last updated on March 21st 2019.
Who is responsible?
Internet Architects, Koningin Astridplein 41-4, 2018 Antwerp, is responsible for processing your personal data when you visit our website, signs contracts as client or partner, or communicate with us. We are also responsible for processing your data in user research for our clients.
You can reach our responsible colleagues by email on email@example.com. They are our contact point for privacy related matters.
Which data do we process?
Your personal data is always treated in accordance with the applicable privacy regulations. We process various types of personal data that you provide us via our website or other communication channels.
When you use our website, 3 types of cookies may be set on your device. Here we explain what these are, which ones we use and why.
- Necessary cookies are essential in helping you to make use of the features and services we offer on the Internet Architects website. They do not gather identification information nor do they monitor or remember where you have been on the internet.
- Functional cookies allow us to provide you with a great user experience when you visit our website. They do not gather or store any information which would allow us to identify you personally.
- Performance cookies help us to understand how you use our site, so we constantly improve your online experience: getting you to the information you need in no time.
Most internet browsers allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies (or just third-party cookies) or warn you before a cookie is stored on your device. In case you do not wish us to set cookies, please adjust your browser settings.
2. When you contact us
We only process the data we receive from you. This includes personal identification data (like name, email address, phone number, organization, etc.) and additional personal data you provide to us yourself.
3. Marketing communications
We gather and process personal data for direct marketing matters. This means we communicate targeted messages about relevant case updates, UX news, job ads and/or upcoming events. In this way you stay updated about related information and additions. We ask your prior permission for the collection of your data like:
- Your personal data like name, e-mail address, employer and function;
- Your preferences of marketing messages.
Why do we process your data?
We process your personal data for several reasons, in order to enable you to visit our websites and to communicate with us. We collect and process personal data in order to:
- Be able to process and execute the agreement in which you, your company or employer is involved, including the administration on this subject;
- Perform statistical analysis on our website and services to improve your overall experience with Internet Architects or our clients;
- Formulate a personal and efficient response to your demands about our services;
- Be able to improve our clients’ websites or other digital platforms;
- To defend ourselves and our interests in legal procedures.
Receivers and transfers
Your personal data is shared with limited number of known service providers (like trusted research tools). We do have data processing agreements in place with these providers. We do ensure your data is stored safely.
We don’t share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We adhere to the principle of ‘minimal needed data’ and thus we only store your data for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which we requested your data in the first place. We only store your data during the term defined in the consent, as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which we requested your data in the first place, or until you withdraw your consent.
We will de-identify your personal data when the term is reached or when it is no longer required for these purposes, unless:
- There is a prevailing interest of us or third parties in keeping your personal data identifiable;
- A legal or regulatory obligation or a judicial or administrative order prevents us from de-identifying the data.
Internet Architects, Koningin Astridplein 41-4, 2018 Antwerp, is responsible for processing your personal data. You can reach our responsible colleagues by email on firstname.lastname@example.org. They are our contact point for privacy related matters, for example in the following cases:
- You want to view your data: would you like to know what information we store about you? Drop us a line and we’ll process your query.
- You want to make changes to your data: do we have incorrect information about you? Such as an error in your address or your name? You have the right to let us correct your information.
- You want to limit how your data is used: Please let us know if you want to put restrictions on the way we use or process your data.
- You don’t want to get your data used at all: We are allowed to store your data, yet not use it.
- You want to be forgotten: If we have no ‘compelling reason’ to keep your data, we will delete it. Please note that we can no longer answer your queries about your personal data once your data is deleted.
- You want to move your data: You can obtain and reuse the data we have stored from you, so you can share it with another party. Concerning our services, this right only applies to a limited extent since we mostly only collect the information you have given us yourself.
- Human-made decision making: We don’t process your data automatically, since you have given your data yourself.